“WE'VE GOT RETAILERS in COMOX VALLEY”
Courtenay Country Market
Edible Island Wholefoods Market
John's Independant Grocer, Comox
“WE'VE GOT BEES IN OUR GENES”
Beekeeping has been in our Family for 100 years from Alberta to Vancouver Island. The photo of my Great-Grandfather, John Daniel Chant, displays his devotion and dedication maintaining his colonies. His son, my Grandfather, William Neelands Chant, aspired to Minister of Agriculture in Alberta then Minster of Public Works, British Columbia under Premier W.A.C. Bennett.
ReMarkable Honey was founded by their grandson, Mark McEwen, providing the same passion to his bees as his forefathers, tending their needs to maintain a strong and healthy, clean hive to build and improve both human and environmental health.
Member of the Comox Valley Beekeeping Association and
1 of 16 Certified Producers of (BCHPA) British Columbia Honey Producers Association
Our Pure Honey and
Handcrafted Candles on Vancouver Island
Award Winning Honey
BC Honey Producers Association,
Richmond, BC 2011 `Best in Show`
Comox Valley Exhibition - 2011, 2012, 2013
Beeswax Candles by Anne-Marie
Expanding with pure beeswax candles in 2013, ReMarkable Candles was created and crafted by Anne-Marie Holden, offering a diverse product line. These candles are hand poured and frequently tested to guarantee optimal performance. Please take a moment to browse our Gallery of tealights, tapers, pillars and unique projects we have created with beeswax.
What's so great about Beeswax Candles
Beeswax candles are all natural, burn brighter, up to 5x longer, and without the carcinogen chemicals of paraffin wax. The flame from our cotton wicks emit a light spectrum similar to the sun while emitting negative ions that are known to clean the air. Have you ever opened your drapes for the sun, and see dust particulates floating...this is what’s so great about beeswax candles and negative ions, they clean the air.
Honey Health Facts
- 1 tablespoon of pure honey has approx. 17 grams of carbohydrate consisting of 80% natural sugar -- mostly fructose and glucose
- 18% water (the less water content, the better the quality of honey)
- *Our honey has been tested at 14% water content.
- 2% minerals, vitamins, pollen and protein
- The glucose in honey is absorbed by the body quickly and gives an immediate energy boost, while the fructose is absorbed more slowly providing sustained energy.
- In the mornings try it on hot toast or replace the sugar in your tea with honey for a refreshing boost of energy.
Honey is also useful for:
- Antibacterial solution
- Anticeptic (hydrogen peroxide)
- Improves blood flow
- Sore Throats
- Minor Abrasions
- Anxiety and Nervousness